COPA Foundation and Fund
Donations can be made using the links below, or cheques over $100 can be sent to COPA, 75 Albert Street, Suite 903, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5E7. For more information contact email@example.com or telephone 613.236.4901.
COPA FLIGHT SAFETY FOUNDATION
The COPA Flight Safety Foundation (FSF) was incorporated on June 14, 1993. Its Objects of Incorporation provide that it is:
To promote and protect personal aviation as a valued, integral, and sustainable part of the Canadian community and to promote flight safety by:
- Producing programs and materials directly related to objects herein for presentation, broadcast, and distribution on any means of audio, visual, computer, internet, electronic, digital, or other forms of communication as may become available from time to time;
- Participating in the regulatory process, promoting realistic and practical rules and regulations affecting personal aviation;
- Establishing, owning, and operating one or more publishing offices, printing plants, distribution centers, or retail facilities for the publication, printing, distribution, and sale of all types of literature and publications directly related to the objects herein;
- Receiving and maintaining a fund or funds for the objects of the Corporation and to apply from time to time all or in part of the income and /or capital thereof for the objects herein and for the benefit of entities that have similar objects or complementary to the objects of the Corporation;
- To develop, organize, conduct, and provide programs, classes, meetings, training seminars, on-site visits, field trips, workshops, seminars, conferences, resource materials, and study materials for individuals, groups, and Organizations interested in personal aviation and flight safety in accordance with the objects herein; and
- To conduct research, develop policies and guidelines, and communicate the results therefrom as well as other research and information to interested individuals, groups, organizations, academic, industry, and governments, and to educate and increase public awareness on flight safety
The Foundation was granted registered charity status by the Canada Revenue Agency effective April 1, 2008.
COPA Flight Safety Foundation provides a variety of aviation safety-related educational and training services to the Canadian aviation community through its COPA Safety Program as well as administers COPA’s three Scholarships: the Neil J. Armstrong Ab Initio Flight Training Award, the COPA Advanced Flight Training Awards and the Advanced RPAS Pilot Certificate Awards.
The COPA Flight Safety Program and scholarships rely exclusively on donations.
COPA FREEDOM TO FLY FUND
The COPA Freedom to Fly Fund (FFF) objects of Incorporation provide that it is:
“To promote, protect, and advance the interests of general aviation by:
- Educating the general public, legislators, and government departments and their officials in Canada and its provinces or elsewhere with respect to matters relating to general aviation:
- Initiating and conducting litigation by way of class action or otherwise in support of general aviation;
- Supporting the aims, objects, and activities of COPA; and
- Carrying out such other programs not inconsistent with the above purposes.”
If you have an issue you would like assistance with, please fill out the following form. Requests for funds from the FF will only be accepted via this form.