Are you a COPA member with a friend interested in becoming a pilot-for-the-day? Provide an individual discovery flight for this pilot-in-the-making. Volunteer pilots can enjoy peace of mind with top-up insurance on top of existing aircraft insurance policies at no extra cost through COPA’s Discover Aviation program.
To qualify for the top-up insurance, participating pilots must be a current member of COPA, and the flight must be pre-registered using the form below. Pre-registration can be done at any time, right up until takeoff time.
Note: if you are a member of the public interested in a personal discovery flight and do not know a COPA member in your area, please contact email@example.com. We will aim to connect you with a pilot who will volunteer their time!
As COPA’s Discover Aviation events welcome young people (18 and under) into the world of aviation, all volunteer pilots must complete a background screening. The background check takes less than minutes to complete online and costs for COPA members are covered by COPA and our program sponsor, Magnes.
- Background checks completed via COPA’s online process or through local police services are valid for three (3) years, and must be renewed in time for a Discover Aviation event or flight.
- Vulnerable sector checks may be completed in substitution of a background screening, however, the volunteer will be responsible for all associated costs.
- To receive a free background screening, please include in the form below that you require one.
All participants in the Discover Aviation program must complete the following liability waivers. See below for a variety of waiver forms your COPA Flight can use:
- the print-friendly version / fillable form (please send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- the online version (participants must show submission receipts to the COPA member offering the Discover Aviation flight)