COPA’s Volunteer Awards Program recognizes individuals and organizations who demonstrate an outstanding record of support for general aviation in Canada and aid in the promotion, growth and prosperity of aviation in Canada. Awards are presented at the COPA Convention each summer.
List of Awards (Nomination Form Below)
John Bogie Memorial Award
Presented to any aviation company, aviation organization, individual, government agency, or department that has raised the image of general aviation in Canada. Candidates can be nominated by any COPA member.
Awarded annually to an individual(s) who has made a very notable contribution to general aviation in Canada. Nomination by COPA President and CEO. View the 2020 Award winner here.
Presented to any COPA Member who has shown outstanding commitment to our objectives to maintain our Freedom to Fly. Nomination by COPA Chair of the Board. View the 2020 Award winner here.
In appreciation for your personal efforts to advance, promote and preserve our Canadian Freedom to Fly. Nominations made by COPA Regional Directors. View the 2020 Award winners here.
Awarded to COPA members who do something special to further COPA’s aims either singularly or over a period of time. Nominations accepted by COPA Members. View the 2020 Award winners here.
Awarded to non-COPA members who do something special to support or promote general aviation. Nominations accepted by COPA Members. View the 2020 Award winners here.
Presented to an individual that has made a substantial contribution to the past year’s COPA Flight magazine. Nomination by the COPA Flight Editor. View the 2020 Award winner here.
Nominations for Awards
- Normally, applicants and nominees must be residents of Canada and members of COPA. In some cases it might be appropriate to honour an individual or organization with an award where the recipient is not a member of COPA. The Awards Committee shall make this determination.
- Any individual or organization, public or private, is eligible to receive an award. The recognized contribution may be a single incident of an outstanding nature or continuous service to General Aviation over a period of time.
- Currently serving members of the Board and Staff are not eligible for an award.
- Awards should normally be for a contribution to general aviation in Canada.
- The impact of the contribution should relate to improvements within aviation in areas such as safety, management, engineering, leadership, promotion etc.
- The Award for Merit and Appreciation Award winners are selected by the Awards Committee from submitted nominations. The Awards Committee is informed of the nominations for the Presidents’ Award and Literary Award.
- In the case of the President’s Award, the nomination of a recipient will be made by the President and CEO.
- The Editor’s Award nomination will be made by the COPA Flight Editor and Publisher.
Make a Nomination
Complete the nomination form below to nominate a person or business for an award.