Welcome to the LIFT GALA.
For one night only, the LIFT gala brings together the who’s who of Canadian Aviation. Join Don Bell, the Co-Founder of WestJet and the Canadian Astronaut who spent 166 days in space, Chris Hadfield.
Together, Don and Chris will help make this a memorable evening in Calgary, AB. On October 3rd, 2019 enjoy a 5-course meal and hear stories of their lives in aviation and meet people connected to the industry. There will also be music and entertainment throughout the evening.
The LIFT gala is here to support general aviation in Canada and all proceeds from the event help fund its growth by providing education, support and opportunities across the country. There will also be a silent auction and a raffle for 2 tickets for any WestJet destination in the world (including Hawaii or London). You can read the fine print here.
There’s a few spots left, so register today!
ABOUT THE COPA FLIGHT SAFETY FOUNDATION
The COPA Flight Safety Foundation was founded in 1974 to promote flight safety in the field of general aviation. The Foundation collects donations from across the country to sponsor COPA’s safety-related initiatives, including the COPA Neil J. Armstrong Scholarship, the General Aviation Safety Campaign, and other safety promotion and awareness initiatives. Since its inception, the Foundation has produced various safety videos and print materials that have discussed various safety topics affecting General Aviation.
One of the Foundation’s major components is funding the COPA Neil J. Armstrong Scholarship that provides financial assistance for new and up-and-coming pilots. Named after Neil J. Armstrong, a past President of COPA, the scholarship provides an annual award of $10,000 for an ab-initio candidate to pursue their Private Pilot License (PPL) and a $5,000 advanced training award for current licence holders to pursue further licenses or ratings. More information about the Scholarship can be found at: https://copanational.org/en/scholarship/.
The Flight Safety Foundation is a registered charity with the Canada Revenue Agency and all donations are eligible for income tax receipts.
Join us for a very special evening to celebrate aviation and support the Flight Safety Foundation.
Don Bell, WestJet Co-Founder
Col. Chris Hadfield, Astronaut
SCHEDULE: October 3, 2019
TELUS Spark Centre, Calgary AB
- Begin your evening at the cocktail reception in the dome lobby
- You will receive a glass of prosecco upon arrival and 3 beverage tickets for the bar that can be used throughout the evening.
- Hot and cold canapes will be served throughout the reception
- Meet people from the industry
- Explore the silent auction items on display
- VIP guests enjoy a private function with Chris Hadfield and Don Bell for one hour in the Atrium.
- Doors open to the gala and all attendees registered are entered into the WestJet raffle prize.
- Each table will have a bottle of white and red wine with a variety of fine cheeses and cured meats.
- Don Bell and event staff will introduce the evening and recognize attendees and industry partners supporting the Flight Safety Foundation.
- Enjoy meeting people at the event as Chris Hadfield meets with guests throughout the evening.
Chris Hadfield will continue to meet attendees throughout the evening while dinner is being served. Your dinner includes the following:
- Fire Roasted Tomato Soup with Hummus Creme Fraiche
- Kale Caesar with olive oil fried croutons with grated cheese
- Canadian bison tenderloin with a splendid mix of sides or wild mushroom gnocchi with grana padano cheese
- A mixed dessert tray with coffee or tea
The bison tenderloin is graciously donated by the Canadian Bison Association and its partners.
- Don & Chris take the stage for a 90-minute interactive conversation about culture, aviation while sharing stories of their lives.
- Chris Hadfield ends the session with music, playing on the Larrivée guitar which will be signed and available in the auction.
- Live auction and announcement of the WestJet raffle prize.
- The formal program is completed and the mix and mingle begins.
- Beverages are available until midnight and details regarding auction winners to be coordinated for shipping or pick up.
MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT
ATTEND THE LIFT GALA
On October 3rd, 2019 enjoy a 5-course meal at this black-tie event where you’ll spend the evening with Co-founder of WestJet Don Bell and Col. Chris Hadfield as they share stories of their lives in aviation and socialize with fellow enthusiasts. Tickets range from a highly limited number of VIP tables which includes a private meet and greet with Don, Chris and your 10 table guests, to regular tables of 10, and single tickets.
Interested in supporting LIFT?
Contact us at email@example.com