CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
COPA Board of Directors- Maritimes By-election 2021
The COPA Maritimes region has two allocated Board of Director positions. Brian Pinsent holds one position and the second position has now become vacant due to Debbie Brekelmans recently announcing her resignation. We would like to thank Debbie for all the hard work and attention she has given to COPA and wish her the very best on all her future endeavors.
A regional by-election must be held to fill this newly vacant position.
Any COPA member in good standing from the Maritimes region (Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia or New Brunswick) may run for this position. If you have a passion for general aviation and feel you have something to contribute to COPA both on the Board and as a regional representative, please consider volunteering for this very important work. The term of office for this election shall commence after the 2021 Annual General Meeting being held June 26th, and continue until the summer Board meeting in 2024.
Nominations for this position are now being accepted.
- The deadline for receiving nominations is Friday April 30th, 2021.
- Candidates will be announced May 3th, 2021.
- The election will open May 3th, 2021 and will close May 14th, 2021.
- Ballots will be countedand results will be announced in the June COPA Flight magazine and on the COPA website.
- The new Director elected will be presented to the COPA membership at the Annual General Meeting in June 2021.
Nominations for a Director may be made by completing the form below.