To highlight the efforts of volunteers, three COPA For Kids awards will be presented annually, sponsored by AIG.
This is your opportunity to nominate someone who has made significant contributions to the overall success of the COPA For Kids program. COPA Flights and individual COPA Members are invited to nominate outstanding COPA For Kids volunteers for the following awards:
• Event Coordinator
• Ground Support Volunteer
• Imagine award (recognizing efforts that go beyond the basic COPA For Kids flight)
Nominations will be accepted anytime but in order to be considered for any particular year they should be submitted by 31 December. Awards will be announced by the end of January. Nomination materials should include detailed descriptions of the accomplishments of the nominee, any relevant background information and letters of recommendation from fellow COPA members.
Nomination form can be found here.
COPA Air Meet Insurance is designed to protect COPA and the Flight’s liability and legal defense as organizers of Fly-outs, fly-ins, or any events organized by a COPA Flight. In addition the COPA Air Meet Insurance provides excess (top off) insurance for the COPA For Kids Aviation Program. However, this “top off” insurance does not apply to introduction flights to adults. Our insurer and COPA National expects the COPA Flight will apply due diligence to ensure all pilots participating in a COPA Flight event involving the flying of adults as passengers are in accordance to the CARs and additional minimum recommendations:
- Current Pilot License or Permit, with passenger carrying privilege, for the aircraft being flown
- Valid Medical Certificate
- Transport Canada recency requirements including minimum of five takeoffs and landings within previous six months in category and class of aircraft to be used
- Aircraft must be Canadian registered
- All documentation required by Transport Canada on board of aircraft, including proof of public liability insurance and property damage applicable aircraft to be used
- Aircraft must be authorized for carrying passengers
- Minimum Combined Single Limit Liability of 1M$, including Passengers