BOARD ELECTIONS 2020: APRIL 13 – MAY 10
Every two years half of the positions on the COPA Board of Directors are up for election. In this election, a total of six positions representing the following regions will need to be elected:
· Two (2) Directors representing New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
· One (1) Director representing Northern Ontario (the area of Ontario where Postal Codes start with “P”)
· One (1) Director representing Saskatchewan
· Two (2) Directors representing Alberta and the Northwest Territories
Two positions on the board have already been acclaimed. Bill Mahoney (Incumbent) has been acclaimed and will represent Newfoundland and Labrador. Jim Bell (Incumbent) has been acclaimed and will represent Manitoba and Nunavut.
HOW TO VIEW CANDIDATES AND VOTE
This year’s voting period will take place from April 13th – May 10th, 2020. Only active COPA members are eligible to vote. If your regional director is not up for election, you will not be able to participate in this election. To see if you are eligible, please review the following steps:
1. Visit COPA’s website (www.copanational.org)
2. Login by moving your cursor over “Member” (top-centre above the COPA logo) and click on Login.
3. Log in using your Membership ID or Email Address, followed by your Password. If you have lost your Password, click on Lost your Password? and follow the instructions.
4. Then go to the Members Only Section by moving your cursor over Member and click on Members Only
5. Under MEMBERSHIP AND VOTING you will see the link to vote (as of April 13, 2020) and to see the candidates in your region, “Board of Directors Election 2020”. If you do not see an option vote, it means there is no election in your area at this time.
Click on your region to see the candidates in your area.