2022 nomination period is closed.
COPA’s Volunteer Awards Program recognizes individuals and organizations who demonstrate an outstanding record of support for aviation in Canada and aid in the promotion, growth and prosperity of aviation in Canada. Awards are presented at the COPA Convention each summer.
List of Awards
- JOHN BOGIE
The John Bogie Memorial Award is presented to any aviation company, organization, individual, government agency or department that has raised the image of aviation, piloted and remotely piloted, in Canada.
- PRESIDENT’S AWARD
Awarded annually to an individual(s) who has made a notable contribution to aviation in Canada.
- CHAIRPERSON’S AWARD
Presented to any COPA member who has shown an outstanding commitment to our objectives to maintain our Freedom to Fly.
- EDITOR’S AWARD
Presented to an individual that has made a substantial contribution to the COPA Flight magazine.
- DIRECTOR’S AWARD
COPA’s Board of Directors provides regional recognition for the many efforts being made to advance, promote and preserve our Canadian Freedom to Fly.
- APPRECIATION AWARD
Awarded to any group or aviator who made a significant contribution to support or promote flying, piloted and remotely piloted, in Canada. Nominations are made by COPA Members.
- *NEW* COPA FLIGHT EXCELLENCE AWARD
The COPA Flight Excellence Award is a new award designed to recognize excellence in an active COPA chapter and its members for their commitment, service, and involvement in their COPA Flight, aviation and/or community-at-large. Nominations are made by COPA members and/or COPA Flights.
Nominations for Awards
- Normally, applicants and nominees must be residents of Canada and members of COPA. In some cases, it might be appropriate to honour an individual or organization with an award where the recipient is not a member of COPA. The Selection Committee members shall make this decision.
- Any individual or organization, public or private, is eligible to receive an award. The recognized contribution may be a single incident of an outstanding nature or continuous service to aviation, piloted and remotely piloted, over a period of time.
- Currently serving members of the Board and Staff are not eligible for an award.
- Awards should normally be for a contribution to aviation in Canada.
- The impact of the contribution should relate to improvements within aviation, piloted and remotely piloted, in areas such as safety, management, engineering, leadership, promotion etc.
- In the case of the President’s Award, and the Chair’s Award, the nomination of a recipient will be made by the President and CEO and Chair of the Board of Directors.
- The Editor’s Award nomination will be made by the COPA Flight Editor and Publisher.
- Recipients of COPA’s Volunteer Awards Program will be notified by early June of each year and will be extended an invitation to attend COPA’s National Fly-In and Aviation Exhibition, where volunteer award winners will be formally recognized.