All aircraft need insurance
- Recent conversations with several aircraft owners have shown that there are still owners out there who do not realize that aircraft liability insurance is mandatory in Canada!
Rental insurance requirements
- A COPA member recently wrote and asked about the requirement to carry additional insurance when you rent an airplane.
Insurance when renting planes privately
- A COPA member recently asked about rental insurance.
Insurance for GPS, radios and headsets
- A COPA member recently had his aircraft broken into by thieves.
Building an aircraft
- If you are building your own ultralight or amateur-built aircraft then Work-in-Progress Insurance is something to consider.
Renting Out Your Aircraft
- We have had several questions recently about renting out your aircraft as a way to allow other pilots to fly your plane. This can be done with only two considerations – one regulatory and the other insurance, of course.